Here is Charlie Kirk and Jerry Falwell Jr. on One News:
So it looks like the Falkirk Center:
- Will attack the work of outstanding public school history teachers, the kinds of teachers I have worked with over the years through my relationship with the Gilder-Lehrman Institute and elsewhere.
- Will attack teachers unions.
- Will oppose an approach to American history as taught, to quote Falwell “as some sinister, you know bourgeois, white man, taking advantage of everybody else.” (Yes, that is an exact quote). Falwell claims that this view of history is “totally opposite of what happened.”
- Will be a center to promote Christian nationalism, the “intersection” of the Gospel with the American founding.
- Is a culture war institution, not an educational institution.
- Will apparently be teaching students that Alexis de Tocqueville visisted America “in the 1700s” (Toqueville visited America in 1831).