Barton has a new book out. I have not read it yet. It is co-authored with court evangelical Jim Garlow and is titled This Precarious Moment: Six Urgent Steps that Will Save You, Your Family, and Our Country. I would be happy to review it here if Salem Press would send me a review copy.
Here is the summary:
America is at a crisis point. We have a limited amount of time to get it right. The nation must get “back on track” or be forever derailed. That is not melodrama. That is fact. Only Biblical truth can save our country. Some don’t seem to care that it is saved. But many of us do care. For our children, grandchildren, and future generations. There are six serious problems – racial strife, a massive immigration disaster, failure to understand Israel’s role in the world, millennial thinking, misunderstanding of the nature of government, and a church that has capitulated to culture – that are screaming for solutions. And the good news is: there are steps we can take. In this book, Pastor James Garlow and evangelical political activist David Barton present fellow Christians with six steps America needs to take to prevent chaos at this precarious moment in history.
And here is the Table of Contents:
INTRODUCTION: The Time is Now
SECTION ONE: Racial Healing
- Chapter 1:Establishing a Foundation
- Chapter 2: Definitions According to the Bible and Other Leaders
- Chapter 3: Progressivism’s Destructive “Identity Politics”
- Chapter 4: American Slavery
- Chapter 5: Racism is without a Primary Color
- Chapter 6: No Bitterness Allowed
- Chapter 7: Tell the Whole Story
- Chapter 8: The No. 1 Predictor of Major Cultural Problems
- Chapter 9: The Key Issue
- Chapter 10: From Stats to the Streets
- Chapter 11: Complex yet Solvable Problems
SECTION TWO: Immigration
- Chapter 12: Can We All Just Take a Deep Breath?
- Chapter 13: A Broken System
- Chapter 14: Immigration and the Bible
- Chapter 15: The Melting Pot: A Dream Worth Keeping
- Chapter 16: The Founders on Immigration
- Chapter 17: Early Immigration
- Chapter 18: Early Immigration Laws
- Chapter 19: A Snapshot of the United States Now
- Chapter 20: Christians or Muslims?
- Chapter 21: How Did This Happen?
- Chapter 22: Why Have Borders at All?
- Chapter 23: A Way Out
- Chapter 24: The Greatest Opportunity
SECTION THREE: Israel
- Chapter 25: Public Opinion Toward Israel
- Chapter 26: Rampant Anti-Semitism
- Chapter 27: Genesis 12:1-3
- Chapter 28: Israel: From Jesus to the Twentieth Century
- Chapter 29: The Twentieth Century: The Advent of Zionism
- Chapter 30: Finally, a Land for the Jews
- Chapter 31: The Modern Rebirth of Israel
- Chapter 32: The Miraculous Six-Day War
- Chapter 33: The Rise of Anti-Semitism Among Christians
- Chapter 34: Heretical Replacement Theology
- Chapter 35: Friends of Israel
- Chapter 36: The Elephant in the Room
SECTION FOUR: Millennials
- Chapter 37: Who are these Oft-Maligned Individuals?
- Chapter 38: Sexuality
- Chapter 39: Presuppositions and Values
- Chapter 40: Hope on the Horizon
- Chapter 41: Reality No. 1: Millennials Breathe a Different Atmosphere
- Chapter 42: Reality No. 2: Millennials Are Not Traditional
- Chapter 43: Reality No. 3: A New Type of Education
- Chapter 44: Reality No. 4: No Boundaries and Few Facts
- Chapter 45: Reality No. 5: Their World is Filled with Weak Examples
- Chapter 46: Reality No. 6: No Concrete Reality
- Chapter 47: Reality No. 7: Millennials are Highly Relational
- Chapter 48: Advice to Millennials and Older Generations
SECTION FIVE: A Biblically Founded Nation
- Chapter 49: A Nation Founded on Judeo-Christian Principles
- Chapter 50: What the Experts Believe
- Chapter 51: Evidence of America’s Christian Foundation
- Chapter 52: So-Called “Evidence” America Was Not Founded on Christian Principles
- Chapter 53: America: Exclusively Christian or Pluralistic?
- Chapter 54: The Constitution and the Declaration of Independence
SECTION SIX: Let the Church be the Church
- Chapter 55: What Happened to Biblical Christianity in America?
- Chapter 56: The State of the Church
- Chapter 57: The Church in Cultural Change, Chaos, and Realingment
- Chapter 58: Paying Attention
- Chapter 59: Looking Backward to See the Way Forward
- Chapter 60: Keeping First Things First
- Chapter 61: Solutions
- Chapter 62: Good News
CONCLUSION: This Precarious Moment