- Starnes takes a shot at the critics of patriot worship services by calling them “so-called evangelical Christians.”
- They criticize Michelle Boorstein’s recent Washington Post piece on patriotic sermons.
- They take some shots at The Gospel Coalition, a group of theologically conservative evangelical Calvinists. Starnes makes the Gospel Coalition sound like they are some kind of left-wing progressive group.
- They call Christianity Today and The Washington Post “fake news.”
- They continue to peddle the false notion that America was founded as a Christian nation.
To be fair, Jeffress does make a good point about anti-Trump evangelicals when he says “they can’t reconcile [President Trump] with their faith.”
Does anyone else see a realignment taking place in American evangelicalism?