Look on the bright side. At least they are not calling Trump THE “greatest and most effective president” in U.S. history.
Here is Brandon Moseley at the Alabama Political Reporter:
When the Alabama Republican Party executive committee meets for its annual winter meeting on Feb. 27, the committee will consider a resolution that would commend former President Donald Trump as one of the greatest presidents in American history.
This resolution was submitted by several ALGOP executive committee members: former state Rep. Perry Hooper Jr. of Montgomery County, Jeana Boggs of Elmore County, Suzelle Josey of Autauga County, Rev. John Killian of Fayette County, Dennis Beavers of Blount County, Linda Overton of Houston County and Ann Bennett of Lee County.
The resolution as written includes the line: “President Donald J. Trump was one of the greatest and most effective Presidents in the 245-year history of this Republic.”
The resolution cites several of what Republicans view as accomplishments of Trump including:
- putting “the American people and the American worker first in all his decisions and policies”
- developing the “effective COVID -19 vaccines in record time”
- enacting “the largest tax cuts and reforms in American history by signing the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law”
- withdrawing “from the job-and-trade-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership…and NAFTA”
- standing “up to China bringing back manufacturing industry to the U.S.”
- his decision to “withdrew from the job-killing Paris Climate Agreement”
- “record low unemployment rates for all Americans, including African, Hispanic and Asian-Americans prior to the pandemic”
- appointing “three constitutional conservative justices to the U.S. Supreme Court”
- building “up and bolstered all of the U.S. military branches around the world”
- the Space Force
- withdrawing “from the shady Iran nuclear deal”
- moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem
- and “initiating the Israel-UAE (and other surrounding nations) accord providing more stability and commerce in the Middle East”
Read the rest here.