Pete Buttigieg is about to suspend his candidacy. As I wrote last night, he has no path to the nomination. So what does this mean? Some comments/predictions:
- Most of the Buttigieg votes will go to Biden.
- Buttigieg was the smartest and most articulate person in the race.
- If Biden becomes the next president, Buttigieg will be in the cabinet. I doubt that he will be Biden’s VP. I think the frontrunner here is Kamala Harris. (Of course anything can happen over the course of the next month or two and Bernie Sanders is still leading the delegate race).
- Let’s see if Buttigieg uses his speech tonight to endorse another candidate.
- Expect Amy Klobuchar to drop-out on Tuesday night. Her votes will also go to Biden.