Kristin Kobes Du Mez of Calvin College writes about what it is and what it is not. It’s a very helpful piece.
Over at The Anxious Bench, Du Mez lists “ten things Christians get wrong about feminism.” They are:
- “Christian feminism” is an oxymoron
- Feminism is only about abortion
- Feminism provokes violence against women
- Feminists hate men
- Feminists want to make women just like men
- Feminists are anti-motherhood
- Feminists have no sense of humor
- Feminists are ugly
- Feminists are crass
- Feminism is a “diverse and varied” movement.
Read how Du Mez unpacks these points here.