I am still working through the copy-edits for The Bible Cause: A History of the American Bible Society (now available for pre-order at an online bookstore near you! I was pleased to see that the endorsements/blurbs were recently added to the B&N and Amazon pages).
As part of any book that it publishes, Oxford University Press requires a 100-150 word abstract for every chapter. Since the Bible Cause is twenty-seven chapters long (plus and Introduction and Epilogue) it took me all morning to make sure that these abstracts met the required number of words. When I originally submitted the manuscript in June I did not take this assignment seriously. As a result, most of my abstracts were well under the 100-word requirement. My copy-editor was not fooled and asked me to add words to every abstract.
In addition, Oxford requires five “keywords” for each chapter. I think this has something to do with the e-book version.
My responses to the copy-edits are due today, but I have asked for a two-day extension. Stay tuned!