Marc Stein calls our attention to five myths about this landmark Supreme Court case on its 40th anniversary. Stein is the author of Sexual Injustice: Supreme Court Decisions from Griswold to Roe.
1. “Roe endorsed abortion on demand.”
2. “Roe rejected traditional restrictions and religious prohibitions on abortion.”
3. “Roe was a strongly feminist decision.”
4. “Roe recognized constitutional rights of sexual privacy.”
5. “Roe was only supported by big-government Democratic liberals and it was invariably opposed by small-government Republic conservaties.”
See how Stein develops his thoughts on these “myths” here.