If you are a public historian, state historian, local historian, or any kind of historian who is interested in state and local history, I encourage you to think about attending the annual meeting of the American Association for State and Local History in Salt Lake City from October 3-6, 2012.
Here are a few things on the program that caught my attention:
- Keynote address by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
- A workshop on best practices for slavery interpretation
- Religious history tour of Salt Lake City
- Session by Carol Marsh on “empowering small museums on main street USA
- Session by Barbara Franco on the intersection of public and private partnerships