Is libertarianism compatible with Christian faith? Jim Wallis does not think so. Check out his article at The Huffington Post. He concludes:
1. “Individual choice is not the pre-eminent Christian virtue.”
2. Anti government ideology violates the teachings of the Bible, especially Romans 13.
3. A “supreme confidence in the market is not consistent with a biblical view of human nature and sin.”
4. “The Libertarian preference for the strong over the weak is decidedly un-Christian.”
5. The Tea Party movement is too white.
What do you think? Does someone want to defend the Tea Party Movement on Christian grounds?